This newsletter is intended to share some information and to generate some thoughts and maybe a laugh or a smile. I hope you enjoy. I cover some very top line telecommunications industry information but more fun and more valuable might be the other things noted. If you find no fun or no value, just let me know and I will happily remove your name from the list. No harm, no foul!
I would love to help your organization REDUCE EXPENSES in tele- and data- communications at no risk! Please reach out to me when you can. Information on how to contact me is below.
– ATT wants you to talk back to your TV. Check it out here!
– Google Voice, now on your I-Phone, unbelievable!
– And now, time for the most basic phone ever!!!
– The latest on the national broadband plan:
– Can you the government pull the plug on a website? Hmmmmm?
– As I checked into my hotel last week, I overheard the following conversation at the reception desk
INCOMING HOTEL GUEST: ” Due to religious convictions it is important for me to know that the adult channels in my room are disabled. ”
RECEPTION DESK CLERK: ” No, they are normal. ”
BUSINESS TIPS OF THE WEEK
– Do you know how to become preferred in the minds of your clients? This four-minute video may help. I saw this gentleman, Michael Vickers, speak last week. He is pretty good!
– How to react to social media searches, in real-time!
Check it out here.
– How to promote yourself on the web for FREE! Take notes! This video is worth 9 minutes of your time.
– A webinar for financial services professionals.
How to use online tools to prospect for the right folks.
– Good business begins with YOUR STORY. Learn more about that here.
EXPERTS I KNOW
– At Schooley Mitchell we say “We Are the Telecom Experts” and that is true. I also know a host of other experts that can help you and your business. I would like you to get to know some of them.
– DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SEND THE PERFECT GIFT? Well, not everyone does, but I know two people who do. They are Judy and Stacia at Grove Baskets and Gifts in West Caldwell, NJ. Grove Baskets and Gifts will Custom Design gifts for Customer and Employee Appreciation, Client Development, Corporate Recruiting / Promotions, Holiday, and National Administrative Professionals Day, New Baby, Welcome New Staff Members, Retirement, and many other events within your budget and for any quantity. As Gift Giving time is upon us, I suggest you reach out for Judy or Stacia at 973-226-4430 or Toll Free: 877-226-4430. You can also find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting the website.
– I know Judy, Stacia and a host of other experts. Please reach out to me for advice on the right person to speak to about any service you might need
TODAY IN MUSIC HISTORY
– On this day in music history, November 19th, 1954, Sammy Davis Jr. loses an eye in an auto accident while driving to Los Angeles from Las Vegas. He was one talented guy.
– Here is Sammy doing one of his famous anthems:
FOOD ITEMS OF THE WEEK
– The Top 5 Thanksgiving Desserts from Southern Living Magazine:
– Not a bad recipe for a “green” Thanksgiving vegetable.
– Do not have to call the Fire Department on Thanksgiving Day. Here is the information on how to do the great tasting Deep Fried Turkey. Thank you Alton Brown!
– Greek Olives, all you need to know.
Greece devotes 60 percent of its cultivated land to olive-growing. It is the world’s top producer of black olives and boasts more varieties of olives than any other country. Greece holds third place in world olive production with more than 132 million trees, which produce approximately 350,000 tons of olive oil annually, of which 75 percent is extra-virgin. This makes Greece the world’s biggest producer of extra-virgin olive oil, topping Italy (where 40-45 percent of olive oil produced is extra virgin) or Spain (where 25-30 percent of olive oil produced is extra virgin).
PEZ OF THE WEEK
– There are PEZ for every occasion! I was in Mexico last week, so here is a Mexican Pez.
WORD OF THE WEEK
Definition:(noun) The act of accepting with approval; favorable reception.
Synonyms: adoption, acceptance, acceptation
Usage: She has told us of your valiant espousal of her cause, and the thanks of her brothers and mother await you.
Interesting images you get when you google a word like espousal and click on images, check it out here.
VIDEOS OF THE WEEK
– I love scatological humor and anything that makes fun of Nazi’s. So this video is a double winner!
– You think you were on hold too long? How about this guy?
– You need a round of applause?
– Love Jimmy Fallon, go to bed too early. Thank God for HULU and YOUTUBE. Check this out….Jimmy doing Neil Young
STRANGE NEWS ITEMS OF THE WEEK
– This is not the best place to hide stolen goods:
– What kind of condom are you? Seriously, this quiz is kindness of the Washington DC local government.
OTHER STUFF and USELESS INFORMATION
– Everything you wanted to know about elderly drivers.
– The “baby carrots” sold in supermarkets, are often not from a smaller cultivar of carrot, but are simply full-sized carrots that have been sliced and peeled to make carrot sticks of a uniform shape and size.
– The Ritz cracker was introduced to markets in 1934, but gourmets had to wait until 1953 for the invention of cheese in a can.
– Mr. Peanut was invented in 1916 by a Suffolk, Virginia school child who won $5 in a design contest sponsored by Planters Peanuts.
– Tennis pro Evonne Goolagong’s last name means “kangaroo’s nose” in Australia’s aboriginal language.
– When the Yardbirds broke up in 1968, Jimmy Page was left to honor the band’s commitments, performing as The New Yardbirds. The group eventually evolved into Led Zeppelin.
I am a consultant in the area of telecommunications. All I do is focus on cost reduction in the area of data- and tele- communications. Armed with a set of proprietary tools that are unavailable elsewhere, as well as deep market knowledge, I offer organizations a free audit of all their communications usage via invoices and records. At Schooley Mitchell, we do a deep dive analysis of how an organization really uses their services: line by line, phone by phone, feature by feature, user by user to come up with sound recommendations. My compensation comes only from a share in the savings generated. We review it all, internet access, wireless/smart phones, local service, long distance, conferencing, toll-free numbers, pc cards, etc. On average I am able to find savings of 25% and often with no change in carriers.
Why would I be invited in, to review complicated expenses?
• Because my services are confidential.
• Because my customized recommendations bring noticeable savings.
• Because only the customer decides which recommendations I will implement.
• Because I am 100% objective and independent. I do not sell or accept commissions from any carrier’s services.
• Because I do not bill for my services until the customer sees savings. There is no cost up front and all compensation is funded from savings.
• Because I continue to monitor monthly usage and invoices – always optimizing savings
If you know any organization other than yours that would like to reduce their communications expenses; I would be pleased to help them as well. I always welcome the chance to do what I do best.
Please feel free anytime reach out to me at 973-295-6319 or at email@example.com
Again, please feel free to send me a response with any comments, issues, questions, concerns, news, recommendations, and photos at any time.
Have a great weekend!