……Which band was it? See Today In Music History below!
This newsletter is intended to share some information and to generate some thoughts and maybe a laugh or a smile. I hope you enjoy. I cover some very top line telecommunications industry information but more fun and more valuable might be the other things noted. If you find no fun or no value, just let me know and I will happily remove your name from the list. No harm, no foul!
I would love to help your organization REDUCE EXPENSES in tele- and data- communications at no risk! Please reach out to me when you can. Information on how to contact me is below.
– Telecommunications founders pledge to give away most of their fortunes. Read more here.
– The FCC has agreed to move some TV spectrum over to the gadget world. Check it out.
– How to compare deals on all the phone choices out there.
A Dog’s Rules For Christmas
1. Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual and they will appreciate long comforting admiring stares.
2. They may come home with large bags of things they call gifts. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours.
3. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations or costumes on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers.
4. They may bring a large tree into the house and set it up in a prominent place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you need to know:
a. Don’t pee on the tree
b. Don’t drink water in the container that holds the tree
c. Mind your tail when you are near the tree
d. If there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don’t rip them open
e. Don’t chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree
5. Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part:
a. Not all strangers appreciate kisses.
b. Don’t eat off the buffet table
c. Beg for goodies subtly
6. Your humans may take you visiting. Here your manners will also be important:
a. Observe all the rules in #4 for trees that may be in other people’s houses. (4a is particularly important)
b. Respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house
c. Turn on your charm big time
7. A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night.
DON’T BITE HIM!!
BUSINESS TIPS OF THE WEEK
– Tax planning tips for year end kindness of my friend Ed Garber: If you plan on having more income in 2010 then 2011, here are ways in which to save money in 2010: 1) Make your January 2011 mortgage payment in December 2010 in order to receive a larger tax deduction in 2010; and 2) If you will have a larger amount of medical bills in 2010 then 2011, then pay January 2011 medical bills in December 2010. You can reach Ed Garber at 1163 Inman Avenue, Suite 102B, Edison NJ 08820 or at email@example.com or at (908) 756-2224 or at http://www.edwardgarber.com/
– Marketing during the holidays from Business Week.
EXPERTS I KNOW
At Schooley Mitchell we say “We Are the Telecom Experts” and that is true. I also know a host of other experts that can help you and your business. I would like you to get to know some of them.
– You say you think OUT OF THE BOX, right? Well maybe you would benefit from some HR — Out of the Box! Get in touch with Doug Duncan at Your HR Solutions. Doug’s company helps organizations hire, train, and retain the right people through an innovative and interactive web based and personal consulting practice. Doug offers a platform for building a successful human resource system. He also offers his own “Your HR 9-1-1” which is a help desk for companies to receive professional advice and guidance on how to handle a broad spectrum of employee issues. Doug is unique in this space because his approach links the business needs of the organization with practical systems to hire, train and engage employees. The result is an integrated system that is more efficient and effective in reducing turnover and improving overall productivity. Please reach out to Doug at 973-378-8456 or you can visit the website http://yourhrsolutions.com/ or email Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org
– I know Doug and a host of other experts. Please reach out to me for advice on the right person to speak to about any service you might need.
TODAY IN MUSIC HISTORY
– On this day, December 10 1965 The Warlocks change their name to the Grateful Dead and play their first gig under the name at the second San Francisco Mime Troupe Appeal Party at the Fillmore Auditorium.
– Also on this day, December 10 1967 – Otis Redding dies in a plane crash near Madison, Wis., at age 26. His biggest hit, “(Sittin’ on) The Dock of the Bay,” was released just three days earlier.
– Here is a video of Otis doing Try A Little Tenderness earlier that year, from the STAX tour.
FOOD ITEMS OF THE WEEK
– Time to start thinking about your Christmas dinner plans and recipes. Check this out!
– I like Christmas dinner, but Christmas Breakfast really rocks! Get some good ideas here.
– Christmas Cookies!!!! Lots of recipes here.
– My cousin’s tradition is Prime Rib for Christmas dinner. Here is a no fail Christmas Prime Rib recipe video.
PEZ OF THE WEEK
– I know it is almost Christmas, but College hoops is just starting to get interesting and of course it makes it fun to have college hoop Pez Dispensers.!
– The University of Kentucky has a new NCAA basketball Pez with the UK logo for the Wildcats team! Ohio State University also has a new NCAA basketball Pez. These teams also have the logos on the cards, making each different! These NCAA basketball teams have joined the University of North Carolina, Syracuse University and the University of Connecticut to be among the first collegiate basketball teams to have a Pez dispenser with their logo!
WORD OF THE WEEK
Definition, adjective: marked by or given to vehement insistent outcry
Examples, The toddler offered a vociferous protest when her mother scooped her up and carried her away from the lit menorah.
Derivation: “Vociferous” derives from the word Latin “vox,” which means “voice.” But other English words can be used to describe those who compel attention by being loud and insistent. “Vociferous” implies a vehement shouting or calling out, but to convey the insistency of a demand or protest, “clamorous” might be a better choice. You could also use “strident” to suggest harsh and discordant noise in a protest, or “obstreperous” to imply loud, unruly and aggressive resistance to restraint. But someone who is noisy and turbulent due to high spirits rather than dissatisfaction might more aptly be called “boisterous.”
VIDEOS OF THE WEEK
– Best inspirational video in a while!
– NYC…..like you have never seen it before!!!
– You don’t think big brother is watching you? Think again.
– Cartoons have come to life
– The first of my favorite Christmas videos!
– Words cannot express what I think about this video from Europe.
– I miss The Man Show. This video is why.
STRANGE NEWS ITEMS OF THE WEEK
– One of The Golden Girls was a Marine….and did not talk about it. Interesting information here.
– Yes, but Superman is still faster!!!!
– George Lucas, this is a bad idea!
– Personally, I don’t think Lady Gaga is worth doing this.
– Ummmm, where did I put those votes? Let me think.
– It pays to be sure-footed when you are streaking.
– Do you live in one of the ten dumbest cities in the USA?
– This guy stays focused on work.
– This makes me think about that Paul McCartney song ” Heart of the Country”
– Is this how you see your office party?
OTHER STUFF and USELESS INFORMATION
– Hondas and Toyotas are the most frequently stolen passenger cars because they have parts that can be readily exchanged between model years without a problem.
– Hamsters blink one eye at a time.
– In Arkansas it is illegal to buy or sell blue lightbulbs.
– Ants make up 1/10 of the total world animal tissue. The total biomass of all the ants on Earth is about equal to the total biomass of all the people.
– Most lipstick contains fish scales!
– Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands when typing!
– One ragweed plant can release as many as one billion grains of pollen!
I am a consultant in the area of telecommunications.
All I do is focus on cost reduction in the area of data- and tele- communications.
Armed with a set of proprietary tools that are unavailable elsewhere, as well as deep market knowledge, I offer organizations a free audit of all their communications usage via invoices and records. At Schooley Mitchell, we do a deep dive analysis of how an organization really uses their services: line by line, phone by phone, feature by feature, user by user to come up with sound recommendations. My compensation comes only from a share in the savings generated.
We review it all, internet access, wireless/smart phones, local service, long distance, conferencing, toll-free numbers, pc cards, etc. On average I am able to find savings of 25% and often with no change in carriers.
Why would I be invited in, to review complicated expenses?
• Because my services are confidential.
• Because my customized recommendations bring noticeable savings.
• Because only the customer decides which recommendations I will implement.
• Because I am 100% objective and independent. I do not sell or accept commissions from any carrier’s services.
• Because I do not bill for my services until the customer sees savings. There is no cost up front and all compensation is funded from savings.
• Because I continue to monitor monthly usage and invoices – always optimizing savings
If you know any organization other than yours that would like to reduce their communications expenses; I would be pleased to help them as well. I always welcome the chance to do what I do best.
Please feel free anytime reach out to me at 973-295-6319 or at email@example.com
Again, please feel free to send me a response with any comments, issues, questions, concerns, news, recommendations, and photos at any time.
Have a great weekend!